What To Know About The Crucial Parts Of An APA Research Paper
Many professors will indicate what type of citation style they request when they assign a research paper to students. This is done so all of the papers that are received has everything is the same order which makes it easier to see if things are missing as well as making parts of papers easier to find. Here is what you should know about each crucial part of an APA research paper:
- The paper should be double-spaced with 1” margins all around
- The font should be Times New Roman with a 12 point size
- The title page – Should include the title of the paper, your name and the institution you are attending
The abstract – Center the word “Abstract” on the top of the next page then without skipping a line write the abstract. This should be between 150 and 250 words and should contain your thesis statement, methods, results, and conclusions. Don’t indent this paragraph like you will on the remaining paragraphs of the paper.
Your method of research – This is where you discuss how you are going to prove your thesis. You will describe your experiments you are going to do and how you are going to collect your other data. You will also indicate the participants you used and what materials were necessary.
Your results – Present your results in this section. Sometimes it is advisable to use table form or some kind of graph to make it more readable and understandable.
You discussion – In the results section you abbreviated your results so it was easily displayed. In the discussion, you will elaborate and expound on your findings and impress your readers with your discoveries.
Your reference list – Create your reference list using software that is available. It will save hours of countless writing and everything will be in the proper format according to the citation style.
If you have any Appendices, you can put it here
Put any tables or other data that was too large for the results section or too choppy for your results page.
- Try to keep your title to 12 words or less and the main words should be capitalized in the center of the upper half of the page
- Everything should be double-spaced on this page
- All remaining pages should have a running title located in the upper left side of the page and with all capital letters
If you have need professional assistance you can find numerous sites on the internet that explain the APA citation style in detail.